Learning how to read faster up to five time or more than what you normally do can be an advantageous skill at work, in school and even in business. You can either purchase or download speed reading software online, or you can avail of free speed reading lessons offered by various websites. These lessons offer free speed reading techniques that will help you improve on your speed reading skills and use it to your advantage.
To learn more about free speed reading lessons, you can check out the websites offering such services and look at their course outline and lesson plan contents. There may be some variations among the providers but the basics will be there. The only thing needed in benefiting from these free speed reading lessons is to use to go through all these contents by careful study as well as practicing the exercises and techniques provided.
Free Speed Reading Lessons Content Outline
The following are typical contents and course outlines provided in free speed reading lessons. Contents may vary depending on the lesson provider so it is up to you to learn more about them through research and study.
- Introduction to Effective Speed Reading: Includes dispelling speed reading myths, understanding reading for comprehension and speed, and checking your current reading speed.
- Optimizing Alphabetics: This includes learning how to check and protect your eyesight, reading printed text or on screen, optimizing printed text and computer monitors for better reading. This is an important part in free speed reading lessons.
- Increasing Vocabulary: Includes techniques for improving vocabulary, understanding the history of words and learning common suffixes and prefixes.
- Developing Fluency: This teaches how to check basic fluency skills in order for you to support and develop your fluency.
- Skim Reading: Using skim reading techniques on structured and unstructured content and performing exercises on both printed and computer monitors.
- Using Reading Strategies: Utilizing free speed reading lessons techniques to improve reading like using reading paths and modes and varying reading speeds.
- Improving Comprehension: Speed reading would be useless if comprehension is not achieved. These lessons can improve your attention skills and level of concentration as well as locating and using contents from several sources.
These course outlines may vary but the basics are all still there. As mentioned earlier, the key thing here is to utilize these techniques that you have learned during the course and apply it on a daily basis to improve your speed reading skills. Another important thing is to monitor your improvements through speed and comprehension test that should be taken before moving from one skill level to the next.