Nigeria is an area where its residents can count on many Nigerian newspapers to keep them informed on the many events taking place, financial affairs and political news. Some of the Nigerian newspapers, hard copy and online versions that are available include:
• AllAfrica.com:Nigeria offers news stories from all around Africa.
• Amana Online covers most of northern Nigeria and has a US based site.
• Business Day is a daily newspaper featuring financial and business news.
• Confidence is a grassroots newspaper focusing on the eastern part of Nigeria.
• Daily Champion is a tabloid that’s distributed daily and is very popular.
• Daily Independent is a national newspaper.
• Daily Trust is published in Abuja, the capital.
• Financial Standard is a popular newspaper covering education, money and financial affairs.
• Gamji.com is one of the online Nigerian newspapers that cover northern Nigeria.
• Guardian is one of the major newspapers in Nigeria.
• Lagos Literary and Arts Journal is a literary and arts magazine that covered online.
• My Naija News is a wide news source that’s available online.
• National Mirror is a popular tabloid that covers sports, news and entertainment issues.
• Newswatch is a high-quality news magazine that comes out weekly.
• Nigeria.com is an online site for information and news in Nigeria.
• Port Harcourt Telegraph is a national newspaper with emphasis on Port Harcout.
• Sun is the leading tabloid in Nigeria offering a little bit of everything.
• Nigerian Tribune an Ibadan newspaper that’s been around for a long time and has a huge circulation rate.
• The Tide covers the region of Niger Delta.
• This Day is a major independent newspaper that’s published daily in Lagos.
One of the oldest Nigerian newspapers still around today is the Nigerian Tribune. It was started in 1949 by Obafemi Awolow and was designed to cater to the common people and their interests.
The Nigerian Tribune has got the people through many years of important events from political happenings through the Nigerian Civil War, always keeping the people on top of things and fully informed.
This paper is known for being the mouth-piece of the common individual as well as their great editorial section. The goal of the Nigerian Tribune is to serve the people and nation but more importantly to be the “Voice of the Voiceless”.
Another of the great Nigerian newspapers is Punch, which is owned by Punch Nigeria Limited. Known as being the largest of the Nigerian newspapers with the largest circulation, this daily newspaper covers international and local news and promotes free enterprise and is a great news source for the Nigerian people.
It’s easy to navigate sections make it a favorite of many. Financial Standard News, another of the popular Nigerian newspapers, offers services based on subscriptions and is a weekly newspaper that’s been around since 2001. It covers investment advice, market analysis, financial advice, money management and any money issues that may be of interest to its readers.