Planning a trip to France? Going to a French speaking country? You will need to learn French fast. When traveling to another country it is better to speak their primary language. Speaking their native language will help you understand the culture and the people of the country you are visiting. It is also a good way of showing them your respect for their culture.
Here are five essential learning French tips to help you speed up your learning curve significantly.
1. Learn the Basics. Start with the French language background, and the common rules of French vocabulary. Learn conversational words or sentences like “bonjour” and “comment allez-vous?” which means “hello how are you?” Listen to French language tapes and French songs. You can also go to a French translation website and listen to the correct pronunciation of French words. Do this on a daily basis, and before you know it you can recognize French words and sounds.
2. Buddy up. If you know someone who can speak French, talk to them in French and better yet ask them to be your mentor. If you don’t know anyone, ask a friend to learn French with you. Learning something with someone is the best way to help you accelerate your learning. After all two heads are better than one.
3. French Dictionary. Use a dictionary to make notes, themed words lists, and flashcards. It is better if you use the flash cards to label everything and organize your house.
4. Test yourself. The best way to memorize if to test yourself. Make a list of the words you’ve learned and try to define each word in French. It is advisable for you and your buddy to exchange essay questions and answer it in French.
5. Have fun. Include games and trivia’s into your education. Make sure you are free from stress when trying how to learn French fast.
There are no magic formulas for learning a new language. It requires time, energy, and patience. With these tips and techniques you will make your French language study quickly and efficiently in time for your vacation.