Life coaching, also known as personal coaching, is all about bringing out the best in someone and helping that person make decisions that will improve his/her life.
Life coaches are hired for various reasons. For example:
· Some clients would like to find a way to do better in their careers.
· Others would like to feel a sense of fulfillment in the workplace.
· Some would like to make their relationships with partners and families better.
· Parents and would-be parents would like to become skilled at parenting that is beneficial to both parents and children.
· Many would like to add a spiritual component to their existence.
Life or personal coaching differentiated
Life or personal coaching is on the rise and fast becoming extensively acknowledged because many individuals realize just how useful coaching is. Coaching is a fairly new and unusual profession – different from counseling, therapy, or psychology. The huge gap between coaching and the other professions mentioned lies in the fact that life coaching doesn’t say that it has all the answers to life’s questions. A coach concentrates on the present and future, not the past. A coach’s goal is also to help the clients uncover the answers to their life’s questions themselves.
Also, a person experiencing coaching finds motivation from cooperating with a person who is a positive and optimistic role model him/herself. This makes coaching an exceptional way of helping people develop themselves. Many life coaches concur that assisting clients to get to their highest potential through the personal coaching approach yields great pleasure on the part of the life coach.
How life or personal coaching works
Interestingly, life or personal coaches do business over the telephone. Most coaches don’t really get together and see their clients face-to-face. However, for many reasons life coaching is considered to be equally effective with sessions done over the telephone as it is with the coach and client interacting face-to-face.
As a matter of fact, lots of clients prefer speaking on the telephone than meeting face-to-face. This makes the life coaching process very suitable for both the coach and his/her client. It also offers better flexibility for many individuals with busy lifestyles. Personal coaching over the telephone presents other evident advantages:
· Life or personal coaching could be done wherever the coach and his/her client want it, which means practically wherever in the globe.
· There is no traveling time and cost concerned.
· Since there is almost no preparation needed, meetings can be set, cancelled, and rescheduled with minimum notice.
· Life or personal coaches don’t need a work place, meeting rooms, personnel, or other costly paraphernalia.
· A session usually lasts for thirty minutes but rarely would it go longer than one hour.
Attractions of the life coaching profession
In any section of business, self-employment has its compensation. The luxury of choosing one’s hour of work, where one works, and how much will be charged for his/her service can be a good motivation for anybody who wants to consider life or personal coaching as a profession.
In addition to the ones mentioned above, nothing can really compare to making a difference in somebody else’s life. The life or personal coach knows that the ability to assist people in discovering and making long-lasting, positive transformations in their lives is quite exceptional. Excellent coaches have this ability. No wonder many people are drawn to life or personal coaching.
There we have it! Flexibility, together with the satisfying facets of the profession, is most likely to make certain that life or personal coaching and the quantity of committed coaches will increase considerably in the coming years.