With the volume of information available in the Internet, the ability to read at fast speeds can be to your advantage. This is an age-old concept but books and software now have come up with methods on how you can improve your reading speed from the normal 200 to 300 words per minute, to a staggering 600 to 2500 words in a minute. If you are planning to enhance your skills in this area, speed reading software would be the thing that you will need.
In this regard, you can do your own speed reading software review, or you can rely on a third-party source for information on software available, before spending money and making a speed reading software download. The following are some information that will guide you in making a review of leading speed reading software before making any choice for your use.
A Practical Guideline for Performing a Speed Reading Software Review
If you want to learn how to enhance or develop your speed reading skills, then the practical way to do it is to use software. This guideline provides practical tips when you perform a review of speed reading software available before finally making a choice.
- Ease of Use: This is probably the most important index in deciding the proper software. You would not want to end up with software where you will spend more time learning how to work your way around the interfaces that actually performing speed reading.
- Levels of Use: The features of your software should cater to users in three different levels – beginner, intermediate and advanced. These features should be a gradual learning experience and not just dump advanced stuff in your laps and you would not know what to do next.
- Ease of Installation: Not everyone if tech savvy so the software should be easy to install without any complicated steps or procedures that you end up spending more time installing than using the software.
- Basic Features: When making a speed reading software review, you should consider all the basics that make the software a useful tool and not another memory hog in your PC. These features should include: appropriate reading materials, no activation keys, uses progress charts, have speed testing capabilities, provides good bonus materials, provides a good quality manual and other documentation, a trend chart for goals, and easy navigation.
- Teaching Tools: Aside from the interactive software interface, other teaching tools should be inclusive in the software package and this includes eBooks, videos, and audios.
- Help and Support: The final consideration in your review for speed reading software should be the support and help that the supplier provides to their clients. Aside from the manual, they should also have comprehensive and informative FAQ’s, a support for phone call inquiries and an accessible email inquiry.